SSUS - PERJUANGAN YANG BERTERUSAN

SSUS - PERJUANGAN YANG BERTERUSAN
Satu Bahasa Satu Bangsa Satu Negara

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Nurdeen Dong Neng

Conversion Story of a Chinese Univ Student
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49712

Salaam Alaikum, bros and sis on TTI!

I'm not a new of TTI, so it's very late to introduce myself. Just last week, I was Don, an average Chinese univ student. And now, I'm Nurdeen, a new bro of yours. I'd like to talk about my conversion story. I'll be very happy if u like it.

I became interested in religion since starting my univ career, 4 or 5 years ago. I read the scriptures of Buddhism, Bible, also some basic information of Islam. Do u know what did i find in Islam? A big Surprise! My country sticks to the ideology of Materialism and Atheism, in our education system, "religion" is labeled as something fake and deceptive. The image of God, or gods was created by some stupid barbarians and was taken advantage of rulers. Men themselves create some idols and worship such idols and that's the essence of religion, they say. Well, but what did i c in Islam? As we all know, the very spirit of Islam is to destroy the worshipping of any idol, whatever a tree, a stone, a sculpture, a pic or a monarch. While what do those so-called Materialist, or atheist do? They say we don't believe in any superstition, but they worship their "revolutionary leader", or money, or power with 200% passion and enthusiasm. I appreciated the very core of Islam, however, at that time Islam was just A religion, not THE religion for me.

Then one night, laying on the bed, a thought suddenly hit me. I asked myself, do i accept the Kalimah "La illaha illa Allah, Muhammadur Rasulullah"? Ok, problem. Then why cant i become a Muslim? Wow it really shocked me, I couldn't believe such a crazy idea!!! Well at that time i was not prepared, but the seed of Iman began to grow.

Afterwards I studied many many articles, lectures, documentaries, TV episodes...... My knowledge of Islam expanded. In 2007, I met a Turkish sis online. One day she asked me, did u say the Shahadah? I answered no, not yet, coz I don't think I'm prepared. Then she said, why not? Do u accept Shahadah? I said yeah, I do. She said, then u should say it ASAP. Coz u don't know when will u die. Maybe 2morrow. Well she really inspired me and soon i said Shahadah (in Arabic, surely). Both she and i were very happy. Alhamdulillah I became a Muslim since that day, though my Iman was not very solid.

I started to know different sisters or bros worldwide. Inshallah they're all very very kind and cute and helpful. Some told me how to perform prayer, some introduced me the conditions of their countries, some talked with the Islamic history, well, i really learnt so much from these bros and sisters!!!

One night, I was listening to the recitation of Sheikh Minshary bin Rashid al-Afasy, Sura 55, ar-Rahman. It almost brought out my tears. I knew I would never ever leave Islam! At the same time I started to read the Qur'aan systematically. Well, the feeling was amazing! Some verses among it seemed not only answer the questions of Prophet Muhammad(s.a.w.)'s era, but contemporary issues. I don't know if I'm clearly, I mean the Qur'aan is not only guiding the ppl in Arabian peninsula in 7th century, but every one in every time. And I read some pamphlets before, saying Qur'aan was written by one or some persons, it's an artificial product, etc. Now I knew it's impossible. This book is beyond the imagination and understanding of human beings. No one, whatever Homer, Virgil, Dante or Dostoevsky can write such a book. What's more, I found in the Qur'aan, many ignorant ppl at that time also called Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. a liar, a deceiver, just like many ignorant ppl do today, and Allah s.w.t. protects Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. from any rumor and attack. Alhamdulillah!

So u know I was a Muslim, but I still worried about too much. I even didn't perform prayer. However, in 2008, I myself met many obstacles in my life, I was suffering big psychological burdens for something, once a time I thought I couldn't take it any more. But I knew I would never give up my faith in Allah s.w.t. During the gloomiest days, I knew I need the prayer. My hardness was the test from Allah. Faith is not so easy. Faith is valuable just after pains and sorrows. I'll remember that day forever. 16th, July, 2008, I prayed for the first time in my life. Some weeks later, one afternoon I was browsing the Qur'aan at random and I met the first 2 verses of Sura 110. "Itha jaa nasru Allahi waalfathu, Waraayta alnnasa yadkhuloona fee deeni Allahi afwajan." I couldn't control myself and my tears burnt out. 1400 years ago, Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. was under the insult and persecution by Meccans, never losing his ambition. 1400 years later, a 23-year-old Chinese univ student decided to follow Prophet's path in his remaining life. Do u know what does it mean to me? It's much more than a legend or adventure. It likes FATE. Just 4 or 5 years ago I thought I would never believe in any religion, and now things changed, Allah s.w.t. wins. Plz think of it, bro and sis. Surely it's my FATE. It seemed so far, but when it comes, I don't know how to refuse. The only thing I can do is to embrace my FATE firmly, unswervingly.

In the Ramadan of 2008, I tried to keep fast. One day I was standing in the balcony of the school, a big crowds passed by me, went upstairs to take lunch. I gazed at them, then turned my head towards the sky. I was much more fortunately than them. They went to seek the food and success in this world, while I was on the path of true life. My feeling at that time can be described as "Noble Loneliness". Thx God He granted me Islam. I must cherish it, love it, praise it, follow it, it's more than my life.

Alhamdulillah in the end of 2008, all my burdens were removed miraculously. Things looked so fascinating and amazing. I can't believe in my achievements in this year. I knew Allah answered my prayer and now it's the time to do something for Him. Two weeks ago I was listening to an mp3 lecture by Imam Hisham al-Awadi. He asked, "what's the turning point in your life?" I knew, my turning point is now, here.

Last Tuesday I sent a msg to a Muslim friend, telling him I want to convert (I chatted with him before, but he didn't know my decision yet). He said ok, good, plz come to the masjid this Saturday. So u know, 17th, Jan. 2009, my turning point came. I performed the Asr prayer with my bros for the first time and talked with the Imam. Listening to my statement, the Imam said repeatedly "Allahu Akbar" and ic, both of us were very satisfied. The Imam gave me a Muslim name, Nurdeen, "the light of religion". So now I'm Nurdeen Dong Neng, a new bro of u all. I spent 4 years to be here with u, and there will be no regrets in my life anymore. Allahu Akbar!!!

Well it's the end of this thread. My dear bro and sis, I wish my story will help u to think of our faith and our fate. Before accepting Islam, I had no relation with any religion, neither my family, neither majority of my fellow ppl. Allah chose me even before I was born, and this fate binds me with u tightly. Let's raise our hands to seek the truth in our life. Our tears witness our faith, and Allah knows our heart best. May all Muslims have the goodness of this world and the Hereafter. May human beings understand and benefit from the light of Islam one day. Ameen.

Pls visit youtube for more Chinese Conversion Story:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=chinese+convert+to+islam&search_type=&aq=0&oq=Chinese+convert
--------------

Source: http://collectionofislamicebooks.blogspot.com/2009/02/conversion-story-of-chinese-univ.html

No comments: